Opportunity—Senior / Quantity Surveyor
Region: London & SE of England
Position Type: Permanent / Full Time
Rate: £ negotiable
The Quantity Surveyor will be expected to professionally represent Starris Projects in the delivery of its assignments, projects and project related activities for its clients as delegated.
Salary on offer includes travel to normal place of work and use of your own personal mobile device. Project related expenses are claimable.
There is the opportunity for ambitious personal growth and the ability to influence what the company will look like in the future. The role encompasses the following main activities.
- Day to day responsibility for delivery of multiple projects and assignments.
- Promote the Starris identity within existing, new client base and existing framework(s).
- Promote additional services to existing client base, promoting organic business growth/development.
- Plan and coordinate project activities to ensure timely client deliverables.
- Provide hands on project management and quantity surveying services to clients.
- Address client queries and concerns promptly.
- Advise on procurement routes and responsibilities.
- Tenders and tendering processes.
- Contract Administration.
- Contract Documents.
- Feasibilities and Cost Plans.
- Pre and Post Construction budget control, administration and reporting.
- Manage project records, budgets, programmes and risks.
- Prepare project reporting and delivery documentation for the Company and its Clients.
- Attend meetings as necessary to deliver business activities, projects and assignments.
- Manage key stakeholders.
- Manage Client advisors as necessary.
- Administer and manage technical advisory teams when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s and Clients’ policies and procedures.
- Prepare funding business case submissions.
- Prepare budgets and manage expenses.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and support to junior members of the Company.
- Manage staff allocated to work under your responsibility.
- Review, analyze and provide feedback of reporting staff outputs, quality of work and adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Provide support to business development activities.
- Maintain positive working relationships with team members.
Required Experience and Abilities:
- Experience of delivering quantity surveying services within various sectors and Client base.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of main forms of contract (JCT 2016, NEC3 / 4 etc).
- Membership of relevant professional organisation/s, e.g. APM, PMI, RICS, ICE, CIOB (Corporate Member).
- Hold a suitable quantity surveying/construction management qualification, e.g. BSc, MSc, etc.
- Hold a current Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card.
- Ability to work in teams, show a commitment to partnering and collaborative working.
- Ability to effectively review delivery in order to continually improve performance and standards.
- Be an effective communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to take a proactive part in the development of Starris Projects Ltd.
- Experience of delivering projects using Lean Thinking and Building Information Modelling (BIM) techniques.
Refer to the Careers page for information about our Equal Opportunities Policy and Application for Employment form.